Sunday 18 March 2012


18 March 2012:  The Plan for next week.

On Sunday 25 March the Maroochy Marathon is being run so my plan for the week needs to take this into consideration.  This, plus the fact that I have to travel and stay up at Toowoomba on Wed night make the week a bit unusual.  So the plan for now will look like this:

Monday: 8km run with dog

Tuesday: Speed and endurance (I think)
-          1km warm-up
-          3 x 200m sprint followed by no rest but maintain quick pace
-          2 x 300m sprint as above
-          3 X 200m sprint as above
-          1km warm-down

Wednesday: 8km run with dog  

Thursday: stuck up at Toowoomba.   Find a pool go for a swim

Friday: hopefully climbingat Kangaroo point if the weather is fine

Saturday: Start practice
-          2km warm-up
-          5 x 200m standing starts
-          Wash riding practice if I can find a suitable victim for the morning
-          Cruise with others
-          Back to club house total about 9 relaxed km…

Sunday: race day.
Get nutrition right.  At the State champs I had no brecky and my water bladder pipe got squashed at about the 10km point.  After about 12km I just fell to pieces and had no energy.  Worse still my balance went out the door and I had to spend most of my time just staying upright and crawling home.  Since then I have had quite a few longer sessions and got smart about nutrition.  On the day ill start with a bowl of cereal cup of coffee and tea and plenty of water.  I’ll have a banana just before the race and will have my water bladder sorted properly with 2l of water mixed with Endura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment